When to Replace a Furnace or Central Air Conditioning Unit
Not sure when is the right time to replace your furnace or air conditioner? Check out the most common reasons to replace your Furnace or Central Air Conditioning Unit.
- The furnace won’t heat the home since a major, out-of-warranty component has failed.
- Rooms heat unevenly – as your furnace ages, it can become difficult to maintain even heat distribution. If the furnace is overheating or the burners are rusted, it will shut-off prematurely and cause uneven temperatures in your home. A Modulating or Two-Stage furnace will heat you home more evenly than a single stage furnace. They are also quieter in when operating lower stages.
- You’re constantly having to repair the system
- You struggle with summertime humidity problems continuously – the furnace blower motor may not be a variable speed. VS motors help ACs in Ontario dehumidify better in the summer.
- Energy bills are on the rise due to increased consumption, so efficiency is failing (independent of the weather) Remember – Furnaces use both Gas and Electricity. The blower motor in your furnace should be an ECM, which uses considerably less than standard PSC motors. ECM motors are mandatory for furnaces installed in NEW homes in Ontario.
- Your system becomes noisy and develops hums, rattles or buzzes. These are internal noises – not noises in your ductwork. It is important to differentiate.
- The furnace heat exchanger is cracked. Make sure it is a real crack! Many companies falsely diagnose this in an effort to make a sale.
- You see signs of excessive dust, dirt, soot or rust particles in furnace venting or on the burners.
- Your system is over 15-20 years old – this varies greatly depending on the system’s maintenance and usage. Newer equipment can increase comfort and energy savings.
Having solid advice can help when deciding to upgrade or replace your furnace or air conditioner. Our team of experts can help you with the best replacement options for your home.
Contact Waterloo Energy Products, we are always happy to help!
CALL WATERLOO ENERGY at (519) 648-9977
MORE ARTICLESPurchasing a Central Air Conditioner, Consider This My Furnace Stopped During A Winter Storm Why do my windows keep fogging up in the winter? Best Radiant Floor Heating System for Residential Homes in Waterloo Why An Annual Furnace Tune Up Is Important Why You Should Consider a Geothermal System Invest in a Smart Thermostat and Get a Energy Savings Rebate Air Conditioners Versus Heat Pumps What Geothermal Heat Pumps Do Does energy star qualified equipment matter?