When to Replace a Furnace or Central Air Conditioning Unit
Not sure when is the right time to replace your furnace or air conditioner? Check out the most common reasons to replace your Furnace or Central Air Conditioning Unit.
- The furnace won’t heat the home since a major, out-of-warranty component has failed.
- Rooms heat unevenly – as your furnace ages, it can become difficult to maintain even heat distribution. If the furnace is overheating or the burners are rusted, it will shut-off prematurely and cause uneven temperatures in your home. A Modulating or Two-Stage furnace will heat you home more evenly than a single stage furnace. They are also quieter in when operating lower stages.
- You’re constantly having to repair the system
- You struggle with summertime humidity problems continuously – the furnace blower motor may not be a variable speed. VS motors help ACs in Ontario dehumidify better in the summer.
- Energy bills are on the rise due to increased consumption, so efficiency is failing (independent of the weather) Remember – Furnaces use both Gas and Electricity. The blower motor in your furnace should be an ECM, which uses considerably less than standard PSC motors. ECM motors are mandatory for furnaces installed in NEW homes in Ontario.
- Your system becomes noisy and develops hums, rattles or buzzes. These are internal noises – not noises in your ductwork. It is important to differentiate.
- The furnace heat exchanger is cracked. Make sure it is a real crack! Many companies falsely diagnose this in an effort to make a sale.
- You see signs of excessive dust, dirt, soot or rust particles in furnace venting or on the burners.
- Your system is over 15-20 years old – this varies greatly depending on the system’s maintenance and usage. Newer equipment can increase comfort and energy savings.
Having solid advice can help when deciding to upgrade or replace your furnace or air conditioner. Our team of experts can help you with the best replacement options for your home.
Contact Waterloo Energy Products, we are always happy to help!
CALL WATERLOO ENERGY at (519) 648-9977
MORE ARTICLESGeothermal Tips for Best Winter Performance Transitioning Heat Pumps from Summer to Winter How to Stay Cool and Safe During a Heat Wave Can You Save Energy Costs by Using Heat Pumps? How to Choose the Best HVAC System for Your Home? Benefits of Geothermal Cooling in 2022 Does Your Air Conditioner Need Repair or Replacement? Ductless Mini-Split Systems Are a Smart Solution Green Home Improvements to do in 2022 Regular HVAC Maintenance Improves Indoor Air Quality as You Stay Indoors Amid Pandemic